It feels so good NOT starting a new diet on the first Monday of the new year!
No false promises that I’m going to be shredded in 6 weeks.
No “last supper” to say goodbye to my favorite foods happened last night in preparation for restriction.
No 5 AM alarm clock went off signaling a new lifestyle of prescribed workouts.
No stepping on the scale or unraveling of the measuring tape so I can set my baseline of progress.
No downloading and learning how to become obsessed with planning all my food and tracking each bite.
No ignoring my hunger because it’s not in my new eating window.
Nope. No diets this year.
Just over here being the healthiest version of myself I’ve ever been.
Prioritizing my mental health. Practicing intuitive eating by honoring my hunger, feeling my fullness, eating what feels good in my own body. Exercising when I want to. Resting when I need to. Learning to love myself as a person contributing positively to society; not as a body to impress the world.
It’s okay if you fell for the empty promises again. Diet culture is seductive and crafty like that. But if you did sign up for that shiny, new program, here are 5 ‘red flags’ that you may be ready to finally heal your relationship with food, fitness and body image instead of following a diet.
5 Signs You’re Ready to Heal Instead of Diet
- You got a sinking feeling of “what the hell did I get myself into?!” when your newly-hired coach presented you the rules of their program and you realized that you signed up for a LOT of rules.
- Their rushed & half-hearted “but you don’t have to be perfect!” hit you differently this year. What’s the point of it all then? It’s feeling more like a sneaky way to keep you paying your monthly subscription than an admission that their plan is unsustainable.
- You’re seeing comments in the community of everyone setting goals that only have to do with appearance. A couple people have tossed in “…and get healthy” but it feels like an after-thought. Does the coach even know how to separate appearance goals from health goals?
- You’re realizing there’s a BIG interruption to the flow & ease of your day with all the new tools & expectations. It feels stressful to pre-plan, track and prepare meals that your family will eat too.
- You’re already cherry-picking parts of the program you won’t participate in (e.g. Not giving up dairy & gluten but then being told to not expect as good of results.)
It’s not too late to cancel that diet, friend!
The fact you’re recognizing these red flags—and they’re not sitting well with you—is a really awesome sign that you’re ready to ditch diet culture and heal your relationship with food, fitness and body image once and for all. Let’s talk about your next steps in a free 15-minute Zoom call. Click the button below to sign up today.