I remember how scared I was to give up carb cycling and intermittent fasting. Part of me was so ready to walk away from the shackles of: MyFitnessPal, the headspace it took to align specific days to what macros I was allowed to eat (and what type of exercise I had to do), the effort required to maintain my smaller waist, and the constant push-and-pull of positive mental health versus body goals.
The other part of me still believed that I couldn’t trust myself around food, that I would be “letting myself go” if I didn’t keeping dieting, and my reputation as a fitness professional would be damaged if I gained weight. (ohh the hurtful lies of diet culture…)
5 Signs You Need to Get Unstuck from Dieting and Food Freedom
If you have done any of these 5 items, you are stuck between dieting and Food Freedom:
- You’ve tried to give up dieting before, but after a couple of weeks you freak out and begin to restrict again.
- You understand your weight does not determine health on a cerebral level, but you’re still struggling to stop caring what your weight or size is.
- You’re cherry-picking what rules of your diet/lifestyle you follow but still paying your monthly membership fee.
- You’re beginning to see diet culture for what it is and how badly it makes you feel about yourself.
- You’re really intrigued by intuitive eating, but it feels too big of a jump from where you are now.
How You Can Get Unstuck
Living in that murky middle is hard. I felt pulled in all directions and like a walking contradiction (particularly as a Certified Health Coach!) Women shouldn’t have to go through this alone. So I created an intro course called Gain Wellness to get you unstuck within 5 weeks so you can confidently move forward with intuitive eating.
This program is your opportunity to take a guided break from diet culture while you learn to prioritize your wellness (how you feel) over your appearance (how you look), and prepare to become the intuitive eater God created you to be.
Join the next session of Gain Wellness and get unstuck for good!