You want the guilt, shame and rules around food to stop infiltrating your thoughts.
Imagine being able to spontaneously walk into any restaurant, look at the menu for the first time, and confidently order the exact meal that sounds the most delicious to you. Without hesitation. When your meal arrives, you think about how yummy it looks—not how “bad” it is for your diet or your weight. You freely enjoy each and every bite without guilt or self-criticism. Feeling satisfied and nourished, you put your fork down, and go about the rest of your day. Reflecting only on how delightful this eating experience was. You’re so grateful that eating is no longer stressful…like it used to be when you were always on a diet.
Are you ready to wave the white flag & declare “enough is enough” on dieting?
After years of hating yourself towards skinny, you no longer want to be a slave to counting calories and following diet rules. You’re exhausted after years (decades?) of micromanaging your food in hopes of losing weight. And even though a part of you is still hoping for weight loss, your desire to heal your relationship with food, fitness and body image is so much stronger.
You are ready to quit dieting and begin your intuitive eating journey..but it’s overwhelming to do this on your own. You need guidance on how to heal from your unique history. As well as assurance that you’re taking the right path to food freedom.
Diet-Free Academy is where you will learn to trust yourself around food & appreciate your body.
Diet-Free Academy is a 12-week group coaching program for chronic dieters who want to start living an intuitively healthy life that doesn’t involve food guilt or following someone else’s rules.
We will work together to:
- Identify the limiting beliefs and behaviors that have been hurting your health.
- Dramatically increase your self-awareness so you can develop new behaviors that actually serve your mind & body.
- Build trust with your God-given intuition so you can feel capable, confident and free.
Diet-Free Academy is the SAME proven method and framework that I teach my 1:1 clients, but re-packaged in a group coaching format. The additional support from a community of women who are taking the same journey as you is an empowering and effective way to heal.
Diet-Free Academy is for you, if you:
- Dream of keeping any food in your fridge/pantry without fear of mindlessly overeating it (including potato chips, candy and cookies!)
- Want to become the authority of your body and take full control of your health & wellness.
- Are ready to build self-trust, increase your confidence and embrace your God-given intuition—not just with food; but in ALL areas of your life.
- Need healthy coping mechanisms so you can start appreciating yourself and your body.
- Thrive in group settings with a supportive community of women who are going through the same process, at the same time, as you.
- Would love to work with me 1:1 but you need a more affordable option.
Registration is currently closed. Next 12-Week Session of Diet-Free Academy will be May 3, 2021!
Sign up for the waiting list to get first dibs on a spot when the doors officially open for the next group coaching session.
The goal of Diet-Free Academy is to heal your relationship with food, fitness and body image.
After 12 weeks, you will be able to:
- Listen to your body’s cues and honor its needs.
- Trust all foods fit.
- Understand your body was never the problem. Diet culture is the problem.
- Apply coping tools to immediately stop negative self-talk.
- Feel capable, confident and free around food.
- Respect and appreciate your body—no matter your size or weight.
- Eat intuitively and love yourself towards healthy.
How The Group Program Works
Each week, we will focus on one of twelve modules. Independently, you will complete all the lessons within that module on your own. Together, we will support one another daily in our private chat group, and collectively meet once a week on Zoom for live group coaching.
Diet-Free Academy Course Curriculum:
- Module 1: Gain Wellness
- Welcome & Intro to Diet-Free Academy
- Get Angry at Diet Culture
- Prioritize Your Mental Health
- You Are a Person; Not a Body
- Find Motivation at Rock Bottom
- Silence Your Inner Critic
- Module 2: Reject the Diet Mentality
- Recognizing the Damage Dieting Causes
- Traits & Tools of a Chronic Dieter
- The Diet Mentality
- The Non-Diet Mentality
- Internal vs External Cues
- Module 3: Honor Your Hunger
- Famine & Feast aka Restrict & Binge
- Hunger Triggers
- Get to Know Your Hunger
- Honoring Your Hunger
- Module 4: Make Peace with Food
- What Are Cravings? (And Are They bad?)
- Rebound Eating: Result of Restriction
- Why There Can’t Be Rules
- Neutralizing Food
- Unconditional Permission to Eat
- Fear Can Hold You Back
- Actively Make Peace with Food
- Module 5: Challenge the Food Police
- Destructive Voices of Dieting
- Intuitive Voices
- Wedding Invitation!
- Thought – Feeling – Behavior
- Thoughts to Challenge
- Module 6: Discover the Satisfaction Factor
- A Goal of Healthy Living
- Fear of Pleasurable Food
- Diet Mentality Check In
- Satisfied Now, Content Later
- More Than the Food
- Don’t Settle
- Module 7: Feel Your Fullness
- Why We Lose Touch with Fullness Cues
- What is Fullness?
- Feeling Our Fullness
- Over-Eating is a Data Point
- Fullness Factors
- Foods with Staying Power
- Module 8: Cope with Kindness
- Psychology Behind Dieting
- Continuum of Emotional Eating
- Emotional Triggers
- Coping with Emotional Eating
- False Sense of Control
- Meeting Your Needs with Kindness
- Module 9: Joyful Movement
- History of Exercise & Diet Culture
- Reasons Exercise Feels Hard
- Decoupling Exercise from Weight Loss
- Neutralize Movement
- Focus on How It Feels
- 4 Mindset Shifts
- Module 10: Body Image Work
- Unrealistic Expectations
- Reasons We Struggle with Body Image
- Body Grieving
- Basic Body Respect
- How to Respect Your Body
- Your Set Point Weight
- Module 11: Gentle Nutrition
- Nutrition in Perspective
- Macros & Micronutrients
- What Is Healthy Eating?
- Hunger, Fullness, Satiety & Joy
- Module 12: Love Yourself Towards Healthy
- Healing Your Relationship with Food, Fitness & Body Image
Meridith Oram is a Certified Nutritionist and Certified Health Coach with additional NCCA-accredited certifications in Behavioral Cognitive Change and Group Fitness. Along with a massage therapy license and a BA in Communications from Villanova University, she has been trained to approach wellness from a holistic and full-body perspective. Through 1:1 and group sessions, she helps chronic dieters heal their relationship with food, fitness and body image.